Court Order Modifications in Des Moines

Assistance from a Family Lawyer When You Need to Change Agreements

Custody orders are issued by a court in which a judge establishes a schedule for separated parents to have parenting time with their children. Custody orders can be part of a divorce decree or a stand-alone custody order. Parents can always agree to give each other extra visitations, but if the parents cannot agree, then they must follow the custody order. This can cause a problem when there has been a big change in one, or both, of the parents' lives and as a result, the old custody order can no longer be followed.

Either parent may request that a custody order be changed; however, a judge will only approve a change in certain situations. Most importantly, a parent requesting a change will need to prove to the court that there has been a substantial and material change in circumstances that occurred after the original custody order was issued, and that this change is permanent and was not something that the parents or the judge were aware of when the original custody order was issued.

Reach a Resolution with Our Legal Support

Whether your life circumstances have changed or criminal issues have arisen that necessitates modifications to court orders that were made during your divorce proceedings, our firm has extensive legal experience representing clients across Iowa with professional, competent, and knowledgeable advocacy.

Our Des Moines family law attorney helps clients reach successfully modify:

A judge makes the ultimate modification decision based on what can be done in the best interest of the child(ren) involved, or the best interest of the former spouses. No matter what your specific situation may be, we offer a free case consultation to each client in order to discuss the details of the orders you wish to modify.

Contact Hill Law Firm PLC in Des Moines Today

For professional legal help in order to modify child custody, spousal support, visitation rights, and more, give our office a call at your earliest convenience at (515) 599-6160. We are licensed to practice in Iowa and Texas!